Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

How to Adopt a Monkey as a Pet

I really dislike the use of the word "adopt" in reference to an animal of any kind. People adopt children, buy animals or sponsor the care of one elsewhere. If you sponsor a child in another country needing care, do you say you adopted him or her? Many words seem hijacked by the animal rights agenda and "adopt" is only one of them. The diluting of the meaning has went even further- I saw an ad to adopt a trailer (mobile home) the other day and almost fell off my chair! In interest of what is most often searched the title uses the word "adopt".

Learning how to adopt a monkey as a pet is not something everyone would choose to do personally. For those committed to doing so, here is some information. For those deciding to adopt a monkey by financially supporting one in a zoo or other facility there are also ideas given.

See:
How to Adopt a Monkey as a Pet

1 comment:

  1. I was gifted a "descented" pet skunk EONS ago from my brother for my birthday. Truly, it was a "cute" pet, but I didn't know the first thing about raising one. I ended up donating him to the local zoo (which, they of course, were happy to get him and had the facilities to support him). Owning an exotic pet comes with a lot of responsibilities which I doubt the average person could handle.

    ReplyDelete